Saturday, March 24, 2012

Berry Green Smoothie

We all know that GREEN SMOOTHIES have excellent health benefits,
but some GREEN recipes look a little intimidating...
and some look downright DISGUSTING :)


{Kale, Spinach, Parsley, Ginger, Avocado, Lemon, Celery}
All these ingredients are HEALTHY but not really what I want to sip on in the morning.


I've tried many combinations in my smoothies and wanted to post a WINNER that I have been making all week long for breakfast.

BERRY GREEN SMOOTHIE


Ingredients:
1/2 cup frozen berry mix
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 cup pineapple bits
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1/3 - 1/2 cup coconut milk
A handful of spinach
Ice!

Throw in the blender and BLEND UNTIL SMOOTH!

Adjust the portions however you like, but know that the slightest change can result in a big taste difference!
A few notes:
The berry blend we use it from COSTCO.   The brand is Townsend Farms and its an ORGANIC ANTIOXIDANT blend with Cherries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, & Pomegranates!
Pineapple bits can be bought at trader joes
I have never seen frozen bananas pre packaged anywhere so we buy a dozen and let them get ripe then cut them in thirds and throw in a freezer bag!


This smoothie recipe makes a great SINGLE breakfast portion and comes out to 212 calories!


What's your favorite SMOOTHIE recipe?!

1 comment:

  1. hi, Kim,
    I'm Rob's mom. Love your recipes and info.
    I like to use cranberry juice as a base in my smoothie (good for female health) 1 c. cranberry juice, 1 frozen banana, 1/2 c. blueberries and 2/3 c strawberries. I blend in my Ninja and it is a great breakfast smoothie. thanks again, Susan

    ReplyDelete