Saturday, March 10, 2012

Crash Hot Potatoes

In my opinion, a GOOD potato recipe is actually one you do not have to smother in butter, cream, and cheese to make it taste delicious.  My FAVORITE potato recipes are the ones that are roasted in the oven. You may remember THIS RECIPE which used to be my go-to potato recipe.

But then I found this recipe! And you MUST USE KOSHER SALT!!!! It makes all the difference.

Crash Hot Potatoes

Ingredients:

  • 10 - 12 Red Potatoes (or any other small, thin skinned potato)
  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil (I use grapeseed oil because it is more stable under high heat)
  • Kosher Salt To Taste
  • Black Pepper To Taste
  • Rosemary (I use dried parsley!!!!) To Taste

Preparation Instructions

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender. (approx. 18-25 min.)
On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.
Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.


I recently made these as a side dish with pan seared tilapia with fresh lemon!
 I used trader joes gold potatoes.
And yesterday I made them as the main meal with steamed broccoli and squash on the side!
And P.S. these are divine topped with ketchup... but we all know that ;)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment