Sunday, July 14, 2013

Zucchini Pasta with Pesto Chicken

Recently I have seen pasta recipes that use ZUCCHINI in place of the noodles.

which makes your zucchini turn into pretty noodles like this!

 that tool is currently in my amazon cart and will be my new best friend :)
But in the meantime, this is how I made my...
 
Ingredients:
* 1 small zucchini cut into long thin slices
* 1/2 c. marinara sauce (Trader Joes sells a no sugar added kind)
* 2 organic chicken tenders
* 2-3 T. pesto (found at Trader Joes)

Directions:
1. Season both sides of the chicken tenders with salt & pepper and place in a glass baking dish.
2. Top tenders w/ desired amount of pesto
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 or until inside temp. is around 180 degrees
4. While chicken is baking, boil zucchini noodles for 5-7 minutes until softened but not mushy.
5. Top noodles with marinara sauce and sliced chicken. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment