Saturday, July 13, 2013

Eating Cleaner Diet Restart: Week 1

...I love a good challenge...
 ...And I LOVE succeeding when I fear failure...
Back in October I did an 8 week diet that consisted of eating gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free. I was VERY strict on my diet and even avoided high sugar fruits and any type of sweetener besides Stevia. That diet was HARD and slightly unrealistic for a LONG TERM way of eating.

So I am now on a mission to find a more REALISTIC way of eating healthy
and an attainable Healthy Eating Lifestyle.

In order for ME to be successful in a diet change, I have to write down the
WHY'S & WHAT's
WHY do I want to change my diet, WHY am I putting in the effort
& WHAT are my goals, WHAT would my ideal diet look like?
Here are my WHY'S and WHAT's for the next 12 weeks.

WHY:
~ To help with my health issues (ezcema, PCOS)
~ To easily maintain my ideal body weight & actually SEE the results of working out
~ To break my sugar cravings
~ To try new recipes, new foods, new cooking methods
~ To be in CONTROL of my life and feel HAPPY & HEALTHY

WHAT:
~ Eliminate Gluten
~ Eliminate Refined Sugar
~ Small amounts of dairy (maybe 2x a week)
~ Small amounts of natural sugar (raw honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar)
~ Eat a low GI diet to help keep blood sugar low
~ Watch fruit consumption and stick to lower sugar fruits
~ Eat as many veggies as possible!
~ Try new foods
~ Try to follow the rules of food combining (amazing concept that WORKS)

And lastly, don't forget that when changing your diet you WILL have bad days and WILL sometimes give into cravings. FORGIVE YOURSELF and do BETTER tomorrow. No small slip is worth stressing over.

HERE IS WHAT I ATE THIS WEEK:
Monday:
Breakfast - Protein Banana Flax Smoothie, 2 c. watermelon
Snack - 1 whole, peeled cucumber, a handful of almonds, cashews & sunflower seeds
Lunch - 8 Rice Thin Crackers topped w/ homemade chicken salad
Dinner - Roasted ranch red potatoes, steamed cauliflower & broccoli
Post Workout - Protein Smoothie

Tuesday:
Breakfast - 2 eggs + 1 egg white scrambled w/ onion & ham, 1 c. watermelon
Lunch - Tilapia Tostada w/ side of steamed broccoli
Dinner - 1.5 c. taco soup topped with avocado & tortilla strips

Wednesday:
Breakfast - Protein Banana Flax Smoothie 10 small strawberries, 15 small grapes
Lunch - 2 c. leftover taco soup topped with avocado & tortilla strips
Dinner - Homemade Sloppy Joes topped w/ lettuce eaten with tortilla chips
Snack - 4 apple slices

Thursday:
Breakfast - Homemade gluten free waffles w/ strawberries & a little 100% pure maple syrup
Lunch - Chipotle Chicken Salad
Snacks - Fruit, ThinkThin mixed nuts bar

Friday:
Breakfast - Protein Banana Flax Smoothie , 6 apple slices
Lunch -  1.25 c. leftover taco soup topped with avocado & tortilla strips
Dinner - Texas Roadhouse w/ our friends! Can you believe I didn't eat a ROLL???!!!!! AHHH! It was SO HARD! I got: 6 oz steak, fries, house salad and had a couple bites of jess's bacon cheeseburger. I was proud of myself for not STRESSING over the small amount of gluten in the croutons and the hamburger bites. I made the choice NOT to each 4 ROLLS and that was quite the accomplishment. I'm going for a LIFESTYLE change, not a crazy strict diet with no exceptions.

Saturday:

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, 2 c. watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew
Lunch - Tilapia fish tacos with avocado, mango salsa, sauteed onion & zucchini , lettuce
Snacks - Fruit, Trail Mix
Dinner - Haven't had it yet and it's 9:00pm! Oops got to stop blogging :)


Please comment with any questions or let me know what healthy goals you have!

3 comments:

  1. very nice diet regime will definitely tell to many of my obese friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I have PCOS and have been dealing with infertility for 6 years. Your post is very encouraging. The meal plan is so easy to follow and realistic! I a looking forward to trying it.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela-

    Thank you for your comment, I too have been dealing with infertility for a few years. It is what ultimately drives me to eat healthier and do all I can to help the situation. Ill be posting me weekly meals each week so please check back and let me know if you give any recipes a try!

    - Kimberly

    ReplyDelete