Monday, July 4, 2011

Kim's Menu: Week of July 4th

This week, like many weeks, I spend a lot of my spare time on the
PINTEREST app on my iPhone
Everyday I find wonderful new recipes and interesting recipe blogs.
The only problem is I again become overwhelmed by the many different "ways" to eat "healthy".
To be honest, I wish that I could be a vegan (with a few exceptions)
Those exceptions would be: 
eggs (for breakfast only)
free range, organic chicken or organic grass fed beef (2-4 times a month)
besides that I think being a vegan sounds fabulous. When you take out meat, cheese, and milk from your diet you not only feel lighter, cleaner, and healthier.. but it forces you to eat more of what you SHOULD be eating (whole grains, fruits, vegetables)
I have decided that I am going to TRY my hardest to transition into this way of eating by my 23rd birthday! That gives me exactly 6 months and 3 weeks
Ready... Set... Start!

This month I am going to start by planning 2 vegetarian meals and 1 vegan meal into my weekly dinner menu. I am also going to learn how to incorporate QUINOA ("keen-wah") and CHIA SEEDS 
into my diet. Click on the links to learn all about these superfoods and how EASY they are to add into your diet.

HEALTHY FOODS ON SALE TOMORROW! RED = awesome DEAL!
SPROUTS: (sale good thru wednesday)
Strawberries - $0.88 for 1 lb
Blueberries - $2.00 for 1 pint
Broccoli/Cauliflower - $0.99/lb
Romaine or Green Leaf Lettuce - $0.99 each
ORGANIC fuji apples - $0.99/lb
ORGANIC red/green grapes - $1.99 lb
Raw Almonds - $3.99/lb
Udi hamburger buns (gluten free) - $2.50

FRY'S:
Strawberries - $0.77 for 1 lb (CHEAPER than Sprouts!)
Roma Tomatoes - $0.77/lb
Green bell peppers - 2 for $1


 oh yeah, and finally
Dinner this week:
Mon: Chiptole chicken bowls
(vegetarian) Tues: Cheesy Potatoes, Steamed Veggies 
Wed: BBQ chicken pizza braid
(vegan) Thurs: Spanish Rice, Clean Guacamole, & Bean dip
(vegetarian) Fri: Glorified Caesar Salad & spaghetti
Sat or Sun: Broccoli Chicken Calzones


And to end this post off right, please watch these videos that I watched this week. Always a good reminder to EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment