Monday, July 18, 2011

Kim's Menu & Small Venting Session :)

...Eating food is such a fascinating concept...
...Food is what literally KEEPS US ALIVE...
We HAVE to eat every few hours and are 100% dependent on this food for our daily energy.
What we eat determines SO MUCH about how we look, feel, and act.
The statement: "You ARE what you EAT" has so much truth to it.
But realizing how important that statement is can be an overwhelming experience.
I, for one, am currently burnt out
I would like waffles with syrup and milk for breakfast
A "Charlies Steakery" Philly cheese steak w/ lots of ketchup for lunch
and 2 chicken hard shell tacos with refried beans, rice, chips, and salsa for dinner (prepared by someone else besides me)
Followed by a bowl of Breyers vanilla fudge swirl icecream for desert

Oh how i both PITY and ENVY those who can eat this way without any guilt or any bad physical side effects.
If I ate that for a day I would have shooting stomach pains after breakfast (stupid milk), no energy after lunch, 5 lbs of fat added after dinner, and acne in the morning from the dessert. 

"YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT"
So important to remember and sometimes a hard thing to stick to. 

But a few things motivate me to continue spending time and energy caring for my health and the health of my little family (aka Jess).
*I love learning all I can about health so I can help others who are curious and excited about it!
*I love how thankful Jess is when I hand him his homemade dinner or his packed lunch for work
*I love knowing that I did all I could that day or that week to take care of my body that Heavenly Father blessed me with.
*So thankful to not have any serious health problems and want to keep it that way!
*I know my body is very fragile and does not respond well to unhealthy eating at all.  

So for all of you who feel the same way I do today, just know that by reading this blog you are taking a step in the right direction.  Seek knowledge everyday and DO WHAT YOU CAN.  
Because that's all you can do :)

 Dinner Menu for the Week
Mon: Easiest pasta & broccoli recipe (not very good which might be why I'm grumpy :)
Wed: Breakfast for dinner (never did it last week)
Fri: Eat Out
Sat or Sun: Leftovers or Crock Pot Baked Potatoes w/ Wheatberry salad 

Hoping tomorrow is a better day!
I know it will be! 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I birthed you with a sensitive stomach and sorry I tempt you with 4 gallons of breyers icecream in my freezer at all times :)

    ReplyDelete