Sunday, July 10, 2011

Madras Lentils - EASY, CLEAN, QUICK!

I think we can all agree that the PERFECT recipe is something EASY to make, contains CLEAN HEALTHY ingredients, and is QUICK to whip up and clean up. Well, here is EASY, CLEAN, & QUICK in a nutshell...
or in a yellow baggie :)
 MADRAS LENTILS!
Ingredients: Water, Tomatoes, Lentils, Red beans, onions, cream, butter, salt, sunflower oil, chilies, cumin.
I CAN PRONOUNCE ALL THE INGREDIENTS! And I know what they all are! That's a serious indication of a "good for you" quick meal. 
Other great things about this meal:
*Good amount of protein, high in fiber
*All natural
*Vegetarian
*Gluten Free
*No MSG
*No Preservatives

Jess and I just split the MADRAS LENTILS for lunch and put it on top of some leftover SPANISH RICE I had made earlier this week. (New recipe from Simplyrecipes.com)  So yummy with some Reduced Guilt Tortilla Chips from Trader Joes. With the rice already prepared this meal took 2 1/2 minutes to prepare.
*AWESOME*
I believe Sprouts carries this TASTY BITE brand in their store but I am not sure if they sell this specific meal. We get ours from COSTCO. They come 4 in a box and are somewhere between $8-$10 for the box. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh we love these! So easy and so good! They can be a side dish or a main course.

    ReplyDelete