Friday, July 13, 2012

Eating Cleaner and Working Harder

I've read many times that what you eat determines 80% of what your body looks like, and exercise makes up the other 20%.  For some people this may be true, and I completely agree that you ARE what you eat, but for me it is 50/50.

When I started eating cleanER over 2 years ago I was so excited that I didn't have to exercise! If you eat healthy then you'll have a rockin' bod right?

WRONG!


I lived in denial for the first year or so and just continued teaching dance and counting that as my exercise, but in October of 2011 the scale hit a new high and I decided something needed to change.
Thankfully I met a wonderful trainer, Krista Estrada, who trains out of her home. I personally trained with her once a week for 8 weeks and I fell in love with fitness! 

Since October, I participated in the Annual Thanksgiving 10k Turkey Trot as well as the 5k Warrior Dash.
       


 March - June of this year I have been doing group circuit training with the amazing Krista at a park in Mesa.  However, it is now JULY and WAY TOO HOT outside to work out.  

Since stopping the circuit group training I have fallen into a slump.  I convinced myself that I don't know how to put together workouts on my own and that I won't be successful.  But working out isn't difficult and doing ANYTHING is better than doing NOTHING!

So as part of my new fitness goal, I will be recording my weekly workouts to hold myself accountable, and to hopefully give a few of you some workout inspiration if you too are in a rut.
Remember that eating cleanER is a lifestyle and so is exercising!

The workouts will be posted under the FITNESS tab at the top of the page.

  If you have any questions about the workouts or an exercise, just comment on the post and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Go girl! I love Krista too! Because of her, fitness is finally a part of my life and has made this pregnancy SO much easier! :)

    ReplyDelete