Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekly Menu 7/16 -7/21

Happy Monday Everyone!
As sad as I am that the weekend is over I have learned to love Mondays. I always feel more motivated to eat healthier, workout harder, and be more organized.  Monday's feel like a clean slate and for some reason that always makes me happy!

Before I share the menu with you I wanted to post about a fantastic product I discovered a few months ago and it has now become my FAVORITE breakfast.

In the mornings I give myself about 3.5 minutes to grab breakfast before work
(I'm pathetic and am always late everywhere) 
So making scrambled eggs with hashbrowns and a smoothie just isn't realistic for me.
I need protein in the mornings to fill me up and sustain me for atleast 2 or 3 hours but its very difficult to find a protein powder or protein bar that is healthy and not loaded with artificial sweeteners or 12 grams of sugar.

I've finally found what works best for me:
NUTRASUMMA Chocolate Flavored Pea Protein

You can buy it ONLINE or I buy it at THRIVE which is an acai bowl shop located by Fitness Works on Higley and Basline. It is $34 for a 2lb container.
Here is why I love it

The highest-quality protein for vegetarians and vegans
Nutra Summa Pea Protein
  • Complete protein from 100% vegan source
  • Promotes tissue repair*
  • Provides 20 grams of protein per serving
  • Free of soy and soy’s side effects
  • Contains no gluten
  • Easy to digest and absorb
  • Outstanding taste with nothing artificial
** Only 3 grams of organic sugar and also sweetened with stevia


Here is what I do to make my protein smoothie:

- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/3 of a frozen banana (slices)
- 1 scoop protein
- 2 tsp. flax oil (can't even taste it!)
- enough water to allow the smoothie to mix

Blend and enjoy a breakfast full of protein and healthy fat!
236 calories if you include the flax oil and only 163 calories if you don't!


And here is the menu!


WEEKLY MENU PLANNER
July 16th – 21st

DAY
LUNCH
DINNER

Monday


Jess: Eat Out

 Chicken Parmesan Whole Wheat Breadsticks
Olive Garden Salad

Tuesday


Jess: Leftover Chicken, Breadsticks, Salad, FRUIT

Cheesecrisps
5-Layer Mexican Dip
Spanish Rice

Wednesday


Jess: Leftover Spanish Rice, Green Pork Enchiladas,FRUIT 

Skinny Twice Baked Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

Thursday


Jess: Sandwich, carrots,  FRUIT

Taco Soup

Friday


Taco Soup Leftovers

Eat Out

Saturday


???

Costco All Natural Bruschetta Pizza


2 comments:

  1. hey kim does the pea protein taste chalky or grainy at all? I started using raw protein and I just can't drink it because of the texture. Then I switched to hemp protein and its a little better. I just want something thats vegan and easy to drink with almond milk. love your blog! I started a healthy blog too! www.healthywithsam.com
    Hope everything is going well!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam!

      So happy to hear from you, I see your mom at therapy all the time! I absolutely LOVE the pea protein. I would say the texture is more chalky than it is grainy... but when it is blended up with ice and some frozen banana, it has NO texture at all, totally smooth. It is by far the best vegan protein I've tried. I have come to love the taste so much I get sad when I don't have a shake at least once a day. You should give it a try, also I love your blog!

      Hope you are doing well :)

      Delete