Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Strawberry Summer Salad



Hello everyone! 
It is officially summer if you couldn't tell by the DISGUSTING heat outside.  It seems that all I want to do these days is put on shorts and a baggy T-shirt, grab a popsicle, and watch Boy Meets World re-runs on my DVR.  I have so many things I want to do this summer (cook great meals, workout, shop, swim, etc) but the heat is seriously stunting my ambitions :)
My awesome sister Kelli and her husband Payne had us over for dinner a few weeks ago and I must share with you the salad recipe she made

Summer Salad with Strawberries and Feta
Recipe by Our Best Bites

Salad greens (I just used chopped Romaine lettuce and Spinach)
Crumbled feta cheese (This could be omitted if you're not a fan, I used the smallest amount)
Thinly sliced red onions (Didn't have this in my fridge but will add it next time!)
 
–Sliced strawberries
–Candied pecans or walnuts (I used Candied Pecans I found at TJ's)
–Crumbled Turkey Bacon

Combine Ingredients in a large serving bowl and drizzle vinaigrette dressing on top. 
Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment